NATIONAL INSTITUTION FOR THE ORGANISATION OF EXHIBITIONS, CONGRESSES AND CULTURAL EVENTS
- You are here: Home > Convening of the Judging Panel of the International Architectural Design Competition for the Revitalisation of the Thessaloniki Exhibition Centre
You are here
Convening of the Judging Panel of the International Architectural Design Competition for the Revitalisation of the Thessaloniki Exhibition Centre
The members of the Judging Panel of the International Architectural Design Competition for the Revitalisation of the Thessaloniki Exhibition have been convening in Thessaloniki since yesterday, alongside European experts.
In the framework of their presence in Thessaloniki, the internationally acclaimed professionals from the sectors of architecture, landscape architecture, and urban planning, will select within the next few days from among 15 architectural proposals that have qualified for the final phase of the Competition, the one that will receive first prize and will be the basis for the creation of the emblematic project for the city.
The International Architectural Design Competition, which was announced in accordance with the principles of UNESCO architectural competitions and was placed under the auspices of the International Union of Architects (UIA), aims to design an Exhibition and Conference Centre of the highest standard, while also ensuring the best functionality of its congress facilities, in combination with an urban park to be used by citizens.
The new Exhibition and Congress Centre will be a local landmark for Thessaloniki and will mark a new era for its economy, contributing to highlighting it as an international entrepreneurship and tourism destination.
The regular members of the Judging Panel are:
- JOAN BUSQUETS, Chairperson of the Judging Panel (Spain). Architect, Urban Planner, Head Professor of Urban Design at Harvard Graduate School of Design.
- FARSHID MOUSSAVI (Great Britain). Architect and Professor in Practice of Architecture at Harvard Graduate School of Design.
- RENA SAKELLARIDOU (Greece). Architect, Professor at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki School of Architecture.
- SIMON EWINGS (Norway). Architect and Head of Haptic Architects in Oslo.
- SAMULI MIETTINEN, Representative of UIA (Finland). Architect and partner at JKMM Architects in Helsinki.
- ARETI MARKOPOULO (Greece). Architect. Director of the Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC) in Barcelona.
- IRENE DJAO-RAKITINE (France). Landscape architect and member of the Landscape Institute, United Kingdom.
- DIMITRIOS KERKENTZES (Great Britain). Secretary General of the Bureau International des Expositions, Paris, France.
- KΥRIAKOS POZRIKIDIS (Greece). CEO of TIF-HELEXPO S.A.
The alternate members of the Judging Panel are:
- FANI VAVILI (Greece). Professor of Architecture at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki School of Architecture.
- SIMON HARTMANN. Representative of UIA (Switzerland) Architect and Visiting Professor at Harvard Graduate School of Design.
- DANIEL FÜGENSCHUH (Austria). Architect and President of the Austrian Chamber of Architects.